Benedict Chong graduated from the University of Western Australia with a Bachelor of Science (Sports Science) in the year 2014.
He is an internationally certified inline skating coach and has been coaching inline skating for twelve years. Benedict has been managing his own inline skating coaching business for eight years. His clients range from three to sixty years old. Benedict applies what he has learned from his education by improving the methods of coaching. He also trains his coaches to teach in methods which are biomechanically sound thus improving the rate of skill acquisition of his clients. Two of his long term corporate clients are Overseas Family School, and Stamford American International School, mainly working with children between four to ten years old.
During his internship at Changi Sports Medicine Centre, he had the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas:
- Sports Science and its role in clinical settings
- Injury Rehab
- Cardiac Rehab
- Weight Management
- Sports Massage
- Physical fitness assessment (Helmas)
- Diet prescription and counselling
- Strength and Conditioning
- Lactate profiling and the interpretation of results
- Gait Analysis and prescription of Strength and Conditioning exercises for injury prevention.
- VO2Max Testing and the interpretation of results
During his other internship at 2xSFB Sports Pte Ltd, he had the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas:
- Virtual reality cycling training with cycle ergo-meter (Computrainer)
- Run training (Warm up/Cool down, Interval Training, Periodization/Tapering, Long Distance, Strength and Conditioning)
- Sports Nutrition
- Event booth set up
After the internship, he was offered a position as Sports Nutrition Specialist, providing in-depth sports nutrition plans to team athletes and advice to customers, specialising in race day hydration and nutrition for endurance athletes.
Chui Wai Yin
Chui Wai Yin graduated from Edith Cowan University with a Bachelor's degree in Sports Science. He has been in the skating industry for over 10 years with experience in both the service line and teaching of inline skating. He has taught in various different schools from elementary schools to tertiary schools, working with students of ages ranging from 3 years old up to 50 years old. Certifications he possesses:
- Inline Certification Programme (ICP)
- Standard First Aid
- National Coaching Accreditation Programme (NCAP) practical Level 1
Chua Ziwei graduated from University at Buffalo with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology in the year 2011.
He has been skating for more than 10 years, and after years of helping friends gain their skating legs, he decided to be an Internationally certified Inline Skating coach. After obtaining his certification, he has been involved in teaching inline skating for various schools, including special needs schools, where he has worked extensively coaching special needs children.
His other relevant certificates and notables include:
- Basic sports science certification (Sports SG)
- Standard First Aid
- MOE registered instructor